Calendar and Newsletters
Forget Thee Not announcements
Calendar of Events
First of all, I would like to thank you all for making the commitment to usher during our church services. You are one of the first persons that everyone meets when they gather at Mount Calvary to worship. Your smiling faces are greatly appreciated. This is my attempt to inform all of our new ushers and remind our returning ushers of the responsibilities involved with being an usher.
- Check sidewalks for any hazards such as ice or snow.(this is usually done)
- Turn on all needed lighting. (this is usually done)
- During the last verse of the opening hymn and after the pastors and choir go into the sanctuary please close the doors. During the winter months you should also make sure the doors to the back steps, church hallway and entrance way are closed to cut down on the cold air.
- Count the number of adults and children in attendance. Record you count in the book by the front door.
- During the service please position yourself where you can still participate in the service and maintain a view of the narthex in case there would be a person that would need assistance or someone would come late during the service and need attention.
6.After the announcements, carry the bread and wine up to the altar. The bread and wine will be in the kitchen area off of the lounge. Pastor will come to the front of the altar to take from you.
- Then, please collect the offering and take up to the acolyte. The offering plates should be in the lounge, if not they will be in the kitchen adjoining the lounge.
- Instruct everyone to go up for communion. Most times people will kneel at the communion rail to receive communion. Each side of the railing will hold about 15 people. You may let one row go as the space becomes available. Any communion cards given to you may be placed in the offering plates. You will be the last ones to go up for communion. At that time, please instruct the pastor if there would be anyone in the pew that would need communion taken to them. Please be mindful of anyone new or visiting, our system may be confusing. Extend any courtesy or direction they may need to approach the communion rail.
- During the final hymn please open all of the doors to the sanctuary.
- After everyone has left the pews please remove the sign in sheets from the books. These sheets should be placed in the Church Office or Pastor’s Office. Remove any paper left in the pews and put all books back. Make sure all of the windows are closed. They should not be opened now that we have air conditioning.
- Make sure the offering plates are removed. You will be given further instruction to secure offering.
Once again thank you for being an usher. The following is a list of the people who have volunteered their time to usher. If you are unable to attend church when you are scheduled to usher you are welcome to contact me, Jerry Pozun or call someone on the list. If you would change your responsibility prior to Thursday please contact the church office with the name of the new usher. If possible I will ask you to usher for the entire month. If you know now please contact me to let me know the month you prefer.
Dick and Anita Brodt
Brian and Lori Hiltz
Brian and Stephanie Hockensmith
Kierisa and Thomas Hockensmith
Glenn and Liz Katrancha
John & Theresa Lumley
Mary Ann Mapes
Wendy & Keith Mayket
Bob and Kim McMullen
Bill and Paula Nihoff
Jerry and Ruth Pozun
Tom & Kathy Rohrabaugh
Mark & Deb Rychak
Richard and Lois Sholtis
Paul and Gayle Swartz
Missy Brodt & Alan Kiniry