Join us for Worship

Saturday Evening: 5:30 PM

Sunday Morning: 9:00 AM

Sunday School: 10:30 AM

 

Office Hours: M-Th 9 AM-2 PM, F 9 AM-Noon
Pastor's Office Hrs: T-Th 10 AM-3 PM

History of Mt. Calvary

Mount Calvary’s first worship service was held on July 23, 1944 in Shafer Tavern (now Nyko’s restaurant). A sign on the tavern roof read “Lutheran Chapel”. Pastor Robert Sander was the mission pastor. The congregation built its first building in 1947. This building was expanded in 1963, and the current sanctuary was constructed in 1992.

We began serving in Richland township when it was a farming area outside of the bustling city of Johnstown. We have continued to serve in this place as the township grew into a center for housing, education, business, and shopping. Although Richland has grown, our area has seen the closing of the steel mills, floods, and the migration of people.

However, we are confident in the future of our community and of our ministry, and we welcome you to join in building that new future with us at Mount Calvary.